If your Gmail account does not sync properly, you can’t send or receive emails on your account. Sometimes, syncing problems may also cause other apps to run slowly. Therefore, you have to resolve issue of android Gmail not syncing in background in quickly.
Steps that are given below to fix the issue.
- Step 1:Make sure that you have connected your smartphone to the wireless network.
- Step 2:Launch the Gmail app from your smartphone.
- Step 3:Make sure that you have given the right password to log in to your account if not you may get the issue android Gmail not syncing in background.
- Step 4:Now, swipe down from the top to sync.
- Step 5:If you are facing issues with the Internet Service Provider, connect your smartphone to a cellular network.
- Step 6:You have to enable automatic sync so that you can send and receive email messages without any delay
- Step 7:Touch the Menu icon and select the Settings option from the displayed list.
- Step 8:Select your account name in the Data Usage section.
- Step 10:Ensure that your smartphone is kept online.
- Step 11:Check whether there are any internet restrictions to your Mail application.
- Step 12:If you are still getting sync issues and can’t load your email messages, try changing your mail password.
- Step 13:If you are using an Android smartphone, update the Gmail app from the Google Play Store. For an iPhone or iPad, update Gmail from the App Store.
- Step 14:Open the Settings application. Go to the Apps and Notifications section.
- Step 15:Select Gmail and open it. Now, tap Storage & Cache.
- Step 16:Touch on the Clear Cache button.
- Step 17:If the issue persists, select the Clear Storage option.
- Step 18:Restart your smartphone.
- Step 19:You will now receive emails on the Gmail application after fixing the issue of android Gmail not syncing in background.