Gmail POP3 settings for Outlook 2016
Gmail is one of the open-source mail services that allow users to manage all mailing activities either from a mobile phone or computer. You can configure your Gmail account with any email client easily and quickly using its incoming and outgoing server settings.
On this page, you’ll learn the Gmail POP3 settings for Outlook 2016 and how to use them to configure your account in Outlook 2016.
- Step 1: Server address: pop.gmail.com
- Step 2: Username: Your Gmail address
- Step 3: Password: Your Gmail account’s password
- Step 5: SSL: Yes, required
Now, let’s see how to configure your Gmail account in Outlook 2016 using the above-
Preparing your Gmail account
Before you begin the configuration, check if you have enabled the POP option in your account. If not, perform it by following the instructions given below.
- Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Click on the Gear icon.
- Step 3: Once your Gmail account’s Settings window appears, locate and click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Step 4: Go to the POP download section.
- Step 5: Locate the option similar to “Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on” and select it.
- Step 6: Similarly, choose the option “keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox” from the When messages are accessed with POP drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Click on the Save Changes button.
Configuring the Gmail account using its POP3 settings in Outlook 2016
- Step 1: Open the Outlook 2016 application installed on your computer.
- Step 2: Click on the File tab available in the main window of the application.
- Step 3: Select the Info option.
- Step 4: Under the Account Information section, click on the Account Settings option.
- Step 5: Now, a dialog box titled Account Settings will open up.
- Step 6: Click on the E-mail ta followed by the New sub-tab.
- Step 7: Choose the Manual setup option in the Add Account window.
- Step 8: Click on the Next button.
- Step 9: Select the POP or IMAP option as the service type when prompted.
- Step 10: Now, in the Internet Settings window, type your Gmail account’s details in the given fields.
- Step 11: If necessary, select the Remember password option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 12: Now, click on the button labeled More Settings to access the advanced settings to configure the Gmail account’s port settings.
- Step 13: Go to the Advanced tab. Type your Gmail account’s port settings in the given fields.
- Step 14: Similarly, click on the Outgoing Server tab. Enable the necessary outgoing settings and click OK > Apply> Test Account Settings.
- Step 15: Now, Outlook will send a test message to your account.
- Step 16: If you receive the test message successfully, then it means the Gmail account has been configured successfully in Outlook 2016.
To know more about the Gmail POP3 settings for Outlook 2016, contact us.