You need to know how to configure Aol Outgoing server settings while using AOL mail through a third-party email client.
Configuring AOL mail Outgoing Server Settings on Outlook:
- Step 1:On your computer, open your Outlook account.
- Step 2:Navigate to Add Account by clicking the File command tab.
- Step 3:Select the Account Settings option to add an account.
- Step 4:The Auto Account Setup window appears on the screen.
- Step 5:Go to Pop or IMAP by selecting the Manual setup or additional server types option.
- Step 6:Now, try to complete the following information by entering the required details.
- Step 7:Click the radio button beside POP or IMAP and then click Next at the bottom of the window.
- Step 8:In the Internet Email Settings window, you need to fill in the required details as per your choice. Enter your name and email address under the User information section.
- Step 9:Under the Server Information section, type the following:
- Step 10:Account type – IMAP
- Step 11:Incoming mail server – imap.aol.com
- Step 12:Outgoing mail server name – smtp.aol.com
- Step 13:Type your user name and password under the Logon information section. Also, enable the Remember password option.
- Step 14:Now, click the More Settings tab.
In the Outgoing server tab, enable the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox. Also, you need to select the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server. After entering the required details, click Finish to complete the how to configure Aol Outgoing server settings process.