The once famous Hotmail has now been replaced with Outlook mail, and you can access your Hotmail account only through Outlook. But before that, you have to change the server settings to access your Hotmail account. The rest of this page discusses how to configure Hotmail exchange server settings.
How to set up Outlook to access Hotmail via POP3 and IMAP:
- Step 1:Open Outlook on your Windows computer and then click Next in the Welcome window.
- Step 2:In the next window, click the Yes radio button and then click Next.
- Step 3:On the Auto Account Setup screen, select Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next.
- Step 4:Click the POP or IMAP radio button and then click Next.
- Step 5:Enter the user name and email address in the User Information tab.
- Step 6:In the Server Information section, click the Account Type drop-down and select IMAP. Type imap-mail.outlook.com in the Incoming mail server field and type smtp-mail.outlook.com in the outgoing mail server (SMTP) field.
- Step 7:Below the Logon Information section, enter your Outlook mail address and password in the respective fields and then click Next.
- Step 8:Click More Settings > Outgoing Server.
- Step 9:Now, click the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Step 10:Click the Advanced tab and then enter the port numbers as mentioned: Incoming server (IMAP): 993 / SSL, Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 / TLS
- Step 11:Now, click OK and then click Next to know how to configure Hotmail exchange server settings.
- Step 12:Finally, click Test Account Settings to test the server settings.