You can configure your favorite e-mail client to send and receive e-mails from all your e-mail accounts. Configure your Pop3 server on Outlook mail. When it comes to Outlook mail, you can add it to any e-mail client that supports POP3 and SMTP as IMAP is not supported with Outlook accounts.
Continue to read the following sections to set up your Outlook mail in your preferred e-mail client with the POP3 and SMTP server settings.
- Step 1:Go to your Outlook mail account, locate File in the top-left corner, and click on it. Then select Info followed by Account Settings.
- Step 2:In the Account Settings window, move to the E-mail tab and select New.
- Step 3:Then, select the Manually configure server settings option and click Next.
- Step 4:In the Add New Account window, choose the Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Step 5:In the User Information segment, type your name and the e-mail address in the appropriate fields. In the Server Information section, enter the account type as POP3, Incoming mail server as pop3.live.com, and the outgoing mail server (SMTP) as smtp.live.com. In the Logon Information section, enter your e-mail address in the User Name field, and in the Password field, enter your account password.
- Step 6:After you have provided all of the required details, click the More Settings button.
- Step 7:In the Internet e-mail settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the checkbox for My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Step 8:Then, move to the Advanced tab. In the Incoming server (POP3) field, enter 995, and select the checkbox for This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL), and in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, enter 587 and select the encrypted connection as TLS from the drop-down.
- Step 9:Once you are done providing the required details, click the OK button.
- Step 10:When you are taken to the main account menu, click the Next button.
- Step 11:Now, Outlook tests the information, and when the tests are over, click the Close button.
Now, you have successfully configured the Pop3 server on Outlook mail.