Microsoft Outlook is an easy-to-use desktop email client. Outlook 365 is the same Outlook app, but with Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Among its email features, this article will explain Rules. Using the Rules feature, you can organize your email quickly and elegantly as well. If you wish to know how to create rules in Outlook 365, follow the instructions given below.
In the following section, we shall see the procedure to send emails at a specific time in Outlook.
Solution 1: Reset Network Settings and enable Fetch New Data
- Step 1: Start by launching the Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Step 2: Go to the Inbox and right-click an email message.
- Step 3: Select Rules –> Create Rule.
- Step 4: Choose the conditions you wish to apply for the rule you are creating.
- Step 5: Click the OK button and select the Run this new rule now on messages already in the current folder checkbox to initiate the rule immediately.
- Step 6: Click OK and check if the message appears in the specified folder.
You have now created rules based on a message. Continue reading the steps to create rules in Outlook 365 using a template.
Steps to create a rule using a template:
- Step 1: In the Outlook app, click the File tab and select the Info option from the left-side panel.
- Step 2: Click on Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Step 3: In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
- Step 4: Select a template in the Rule Wizard.
- Step 5: If necessary, enter the rule description.
- Step 6: Choose the required options and click OK –> Next.
- Step 7: Select the required conditions for your rule and add the necessary information.
- Step 8: Click OK and select Next to complete setting up the rule by entering a name for your rule, reviewing the rule description.
- Step 9: Click Finish and select OK.