If you are setting up your HostGator email account manually, you have to enter the proper incoming and outgoing SMTP server credentials in the email client. Proceed with the steps that are given below to set up your Hostgator SMTP settings.
- First, open the email client in which you want to add your email account.
- Click the File menu and select the Add Account option.
- Now, enter the login credentials of your HostGator email account.
Enter the secure SMTP settings as given below.
- Type the full email address of your HostGator email account in the Username section.
- Enter the password of your email account correctly.
- Now, enter the Mailserver/ Server Hostname as full.servername.com on the Hostgator SMTP settings.
- Type the Port number as 465.
- Select the SSL/TLS option for an encrypted connection.
- Choose the Authentication type as Password.