If Gmail down right now, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The server might be overloaded.
- The server could be down or unreachable owing to a network problem.
- There might be an outage. Try to check all the mail.google.com outages.
- Website maintenance could be in progress.
- You can also try performing the mail.google.com Server Status Check. From the results displayed, you might find out what exactly is wrong with Gmail.
- Also, try getting the Gmail Website Status History. From the results (especially the response times), you might be able to identify the problem and get to know why Gmail is down.
If you find that Gmail down right now and you are unable to access it, try the following instructions: