A few solutions for the common iSeries email problems are listed here for your reference.
- SMTP problem analysis (To check whether SMTP is working correctly or not)
- Track undelivered mail (email delivery and configuration problems)
- Send MIME Mail API
- Component journals (to determine where your SMTP problems lie)
The step-by-step instructions to perform the SMTP problem analysis to resolve the iseries email troubleshooting problems are provided on this web page.
- Check if you have all the necessary PTFs.
- Also, check if all the required email services are started.
- Now, you have to verify the domain name.
- To do so, navigate to Operations Navigator and click the iSeries server.
- Select the Network option followed by the Protocols option and double-click the TCP/IP option.
- Go to the Host Domain Information and verify the domain name.
SMTP retry values
- Return to the Operations Navigator window, click the iSeries server, and select Network -> Servers -> TCP/IP.
- Double-click the SMTP option, navigate to the Outbound Mail Retries tab, and set the lower SMTP retry value.