The Outlook auto reply feature lets people know when you will return to the office. If this feature is not available, then the sender could simmer in discontent, waiting for your response. So the auto reply feature reduces the risk of confusion among the people. Apart from this, an out-of-office autoresponder can send people to your company’s website if they need immediate help from your side. This means you can secure new clients while you are away from work or the office. Scroll down this page to know how to set Outlook auto reply.
So let us now see more about how to set the Outlook auto reply feature.
Steps To Set Outlook Auto Reply:
- Step 2: Go to the File section which is present at the top left side of the window.
- Step 3: Under Account settings, click on the Automatic Replies section.
- Step 4: Choose the Send automatic replies option.
- Step 5: You can also set the start time and end time and can also choose the day, month, and year format from the calendar.
- Step 6: To set an automatic reply for contacts inside your company, select Inside My Organization. Type the response that you want to send to your teammates or colleagues while you are out of the office.
- Step 7: To set an automatic reply for contacts who are outside your organization, select Outside My Organization.
- Step 8: But setting up this feature will send your automatic reply to every mail, including advertisements, newsletters, and junk emails.
- Step 9: So it is highly recommended to choose the My contacts only option.
- Step 10: Now you need to type the message that needs to be sent automatically when you are not available to access Outlook.
Suppose you don’t see the automatic replies feature after selecting the File menu. In that case, this means you are probably using Gmail, Yahoo, or other POP or IMAP accounts that don’t support the Outlook Automatic reply feature. Now, you will know how to set Outlook auto reply.