Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email client that allows you to configure almost all IMAP or POP3 email account in Thunderbird. Now, if you’re a Gmail user and encountering an issue with Thunderbird, then you have reached the right web page to resolve it. Most Gmail users say they have not been able to sign in to their Gmail account in Thunderbird. The error message “Sending of password for user email@example.com didn’t succeed. Mail Server pop.gmail.com responded: Username and password not accepted.” is displayed on the screen . Carry out the below steps to know how to fix Mozilla Thunderbird Gmail password problems.
To resolve this error code, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 1:First, make sure that you have entered the correct username and password in the respective fields.
- Step 2:Check if you have set up the less secure app access option for your Gmail account.
- Step 3:To confirm it, sign in to your Google account and go to the Less secure app access section.
- Step 4:Look for the Allow less secure apps option and click the toggle button beside it to turn it ON.
- Step 5:Now, sign in to your Google account in Thunderbird.
- Step 6:If the Mozilla Thunderbird Gmail password problems persists, restart the Thunderbird application.
- Step 7:Open the Thunderbird application.
- Step 8:Click the Help menu.
- Step 9:Choose the Restart option.
- Step 10:Click the Restart button followed by Continue. The Thunderbird application will be restarted.
- Step 11:Now, try to access your Gmail account.
- Step 12:If the error persists, then check the Server Settings of your account because in the error message, both Username and password were mentioned.
- Step 13:To check your Account’s server settings, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 14:Go to the Account Settings section. Click Server Settings.
- Step 15:Make sure the incoming(IMAP & POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings are correct.
- Step 16:If you still receive the password error, then update the Thunderbird app.
- Step 17:If available, update your operating system also.
- Step 18:If the update process doesn’t resolve the Mozilla Thunderbird Gmail password problems, then contact us.