Method 2: Using rules to send out an out of office message
- Step 1:Launch Microsoft Outlook and create a new email message.
- Step 2:Fill in the subject and message body of your email template.
- Step 3:After creating the email template, click File and then select Save As.
- Step 4:Name your template and select Outlook in the Save as type drop-down menu.
- Step 5:Next, click the File menu at the top left corner and select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Step 6:Move on to the Email Rules tab and select New Rule.
- Step 7:Click Apply rule on messages I receive beneath Start from a blank rule and click Next.
- Step 8:Select Yes when you are asked to confirm the rule for all messages.
- Step 9:Choose the reply using a specific template option for both the steps.
- Step 10:Select the User Templates in File System option in the Select a Reply Template box available at the top of the Look In dialog box.
- Step 11:Choose the created template and click Open Next.
- Step 12:Give a rule name and select Finish.
- Step 13:To enable the created rule, click File Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Step 14:Click the Email Rules tab in the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
- Step 15:Choose the created rule and click OK to send automatic replies to your recipients on Outlook.
Now, you know how to set away message in Outlook.